Writing Wednesday


~
I need a kickstart. I feel like writing but the words won't come. I'm trying Writing Wednesday. I'm going to open one of my writing books and find a good idea to write about and post it on Wednesdays!

Bonni Goldberg's Room to Write has lots of good ideas like: write a familiar family story or write about my fantasy of what the next 20 years will be like or list 101 places I've been.

Eldonna Edwards Bouton's Journaling from the Heart has some ideas too: brainstorming ideas to bring my dreams into action, writing about pregnancy, unshould-ing myself, etc.

Eric Maisel's Deep Writing says to "write a love letter to an idea" and have an idea notebook.

~Cool~

Comments

Paul Nichols said…
...or you can do what I did on my last post. That was fun. It leaves me room for more, too

It's a kick-start, f'sure.
Paul Nichols said…
And by the way...I'll be here on Wednesdays--maybe Thursdays.
Paul Nichols said…
I just found this quote you may like--
E.B. White: "A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die without putting a word to paper."
Jennie said…
Ideal?! I just want a thought to wander through a couple brain cells.
I'll counter with this one from Annie Dillard's A writing Life,

It's easy, after all,not to be a writer. Most people aren't writers, and very little harm comes to them.
-Julian Barnes, Flaubert's Parrot

Popular Posts