This Easter Week

I think I'll spend the most time at church services this week than I ever have in one week. Palm Sunday I sang in both services, (Tuesday I was there while Luke and Sean had their class) Wednesday I was invited to a seder meal that a Henri Nouwen class was doing, Thursday I sang in the Maundy Thursday service, tonight I sang in the Tenebrae service and Sunday I'll attend both as well to sing in the choir. Today as I dressed for the service Luke exclaimed, "Why do we keep going to church when it's not Sunday?!"

Another thing happened when I was preparing to leave. I passed by Sean who was playing and he jumped up and said out of the blue, "Mommy! I never asked Jesus if I could be His savior!" Evidently in his last "Good News Club" on Tuesday his teacher reminded him that he must do that. That is, ask Jesus to be his Savior, of course. Simple mistake. I wasn't quite sure what to do because he didn't quite understand the whole thing, being 4 and all. But we did the best we could, I prayed aloud for him and he smiled and that was that. When I came home from the service he had something to show me. He had learned to ride a two-wheeler with a little help from Daddy. Big day for a 4 year old, I'd say. The evening of Palm Sunday Sean was eating an ice cream cone and had a question. "Mommy? You know how you were singing about the people giving God different names? What does Defender mean?" I was shocked to hear that he had been listening to our cantata! He's been full of questions, asking me about numbers and words. Fun age.

My niece Nina has been doing something special as well. She's been sitting on her back porch quietly waiting. You see, baby bunnies are living underneath and sometimes they hop out and even nibble at the ends of her fingers. So, she's been spending her days sitting in the April sun waiting for the bunnies. My nephew just learned to ride a two-wheeler this week too.

Seth is seeing a physical therapist for his knee, skateboarding injury, bruised patella that bled profusely into his joint.

My Uncle Jim is dying, we believe. He's had several strokes and has other conditions that are overwhelming him. He is conscious, but just barely and in a nursing home at 66. He smokes invisible cigarettes while he lays in bed staring at the television. I pray he feels the urgency Sean did today, I'm afraid he doesn't have much time left.

Tomorrow we dye eggs. Nina, Evan, Luke, Sean and maybe even Seth if we can convince him to. He's never liked it, even as a child. While they do, my sister and I will fill the plastic eggs for the hunt on Sunday at Mom's. I hope we have a beautiful day for Easter. And I hope you do too.

Comments

Paul Nichols said…
I didn't get here till after Easter, but we did have an excellent Easter. Very happy for you that your Sean wanted to ask Jesus to be his Savior. I can tell you're happy about that.

Popular Posts