Ekeing Out a Post




Terrible writer's hang ups lately!
Cannot get out the words!
Ugh.
Here goes.

We've been busy! Spring sprung and boing! We are doing all kinds of stuff. I'll start with the yard. Here's a picture of a bit of work I did. Juniper and sky pencils. I also dug out heavy-much-many ivy and weeds therein on the other side of the house and along the front. I believe we are now ivy-free around the house. Wheew! I've been working on that little by little for years. We planted sod in the bare spots and will plant more bushes in front soon.

I also painted some inside. We have a little sitting room upstairs that slowly became a "throw it in there" room. We got a shelving unit from (we're gonna regret this) IKEA (everything breaks from IKEA) and painted the room and THEN I glazed the walls!! I was bursting with pride over this one, because it actually worked out pretty well. I sort of went wild and painted a bright color that I love and experimented with the glaze. And we ended up really liking the results! We use the room all the time now for bedtime stories, Bible reading in the morning, and best of all, storing pictures and assorted STUFF in a groovy way! Here's a picture of that!


Let's see...there's been a lot of baseball. Luke has games twice a week, Seth has games twice a week. Stan helps with both teams. I watch, take Sean to the snack stand for obscene amounts of sugary treats, watch him play on the nearby mulch, dirt and sand piles of the high school groundskeepers...cheer, all that. It is getting old, I hate to admit. I need to change my attitude toward this stuff into a positive cheerful mom/spectator, I have a lot of years to go of this sports stuff, so I might as well like it. Just wish one of my boy ran track like I did. Now, that would be fun to watch. Youth baseball can be painfully slow and uneventful. And slow...and both my kids pitch and that can be nervewracking. Like I said, I need to change my attitude! :o)



Also a bunch of school stuff with my oldest. His science project got into the science fair, so we visited school for that. He had a spring jazz band and choir concert, played a Bach cello piece on his bass for the school talent show, played in the park with the high school jazz band (he'll be in next year) and played in an impromptu band for a coffee house/poetry reading night his communications class did. That last one was a lot of fun. I loved hearing the kids read their poetry. Really neat to see. And Seth and the other 3 member of the band put together a great piece in about two days. It was so impressive, I loved watching them and listening to their music. Here's picture of Seth in the park with the high school jazz band. He's on bass in the back.

Well, since I'm bringing out the pictures, I'll add one more. This one is Sean. One morning I found him in his bedroom making "big muscle" shadows on his wall. Luckily a camera was nearby.

Comments

Paul Nichols said…
Dear Sean,
Dream big!

Your friend,
Paul

Popular Posts