Boldness


Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Only engage, and then the mind grows heated. Begin, and then the work will be completed.

I love the idea of boldness. I love what becomes when we are bold. Boldness...though I do not think Jean Anouilh (6/23/1910) was religious per say, boldness is faith. When I am bold in God's will, I liken it to jumping and knowing that I'll be caught. I can't predict how the fall will be, or if I'll hit branches and jutting cliffs of my own making on the way down. Injury to my wordly self may happen here and there, but I know I'll be caught.

Last fall, I had something gnawing at me and I didn't want to act on it, but I knew I should. I prayed and prayed and begged and finally God answered me very firmly. He let me know that He'd take care of the rest if only I'd be bold. This particular jump was into the Grand Canyon of faith, a bigger jump than I'd ever taken. I was caught immediately - before the Kaibab formation ended. A deep bold smile grew from within me, peace like I'd never known.

He's there. He is there.

For me, boldness doesn't have "magic" in it. It has God in it. Only engage with Jesus and your whole life grows heated. Be brave and take a leap! You have nothing to lose except all those cheap things keeping you from Him.

Comments

Paul Nichols said…
Hi,
This post was perfect for me at this time.

Thanks very much.

Popular Posts