I Don't Usually Do Advertisements

but then again, no one's ever asked me!
I just received the following email today from Paula Penn-Nabrit, the author of Morning by Morning: How we homeschooled our African-American sons to the Ivy League. I read this book about 3 years ago and it really made an impression on me at the time, not in trying to get my sons to an Ivy league school, but in making decisions according to my beliefs. I was trying to decide whether to take the boys back out of school after one year and she really layed it on the line for me. I thought her book was so powerful and just what I needed. I wrote her, she wrote me back and then she sent me this today. Her site has an interesting testimony about her husband's recent healing, her son's art, a link to their homeschooling site, more of her books, etc. So, if you're interested in buying her book, you can find the information here. I was inspired by her powerful account of how she and her husband, CMadison, followed their beliefs and faith to give their sons a special upbringing and education. It was one of those books that is "right on time," if you know what I mean.



Hi! Listen, I know this is truly "long time, no talk to", but I really need your networking help. I need to unload some of this book inventory, and as everybody's gearing up for back-to-school, etc. I figured this might be a good time to sell some books. The following is a brief, publicity blurb. If you can think of anyone to send it to, I'd really appreciate it. The book is (obviously) much cheaper if folks get it on amazon.com, etc., but if they buy it from me, online, they'll get it autographed AND I'll get the revenue. We acquired over 1,000 copies for our book tour back in 2003, but CMadison's catastrophic illness-which started while we were at a book event in NYC that November-put the breaks on book promotion. Now that he's miraculously better-we're back on track both with our primary business and with book sales. So, if the following makes sense & you can think of anyone who might want to buy a copy (or 2 ) I'd really appreciate it!
Publicity Piece
Want the best for your kids? Interested in one of the fastest growing trends in education? Think “holistic health” is more than a slogan? Do you just know the so-called achievement gap can be bridged? Well then you have to get your own copy of Morning by Morning: How We Home-Schooled Our African-American Sons to the Ivy League because it addresses all these issues-and more!
See for yourself why such diverse publications as Black Issues Book Review, The Christian Science Monitor, Ebony, The Washington Post, Jet, Teacher’s Magazine, Heart & Soul, The Final Call and the Wellesley Magazine have all recommended this book. Don’t let the fact that you may have selected a different educational path discourage you from reading this book. The marketing inspired subtitle notwithstanding, Morning by Morning is neither an ode to home-schooling nor elite colleges. Morning by Morning is an honest and down-to-earth account of one family’s holistic effort to bring its intellectual, spiritual and physical health into balance. Like everybody else’s life, some of it was ugly and messy and unpleasant, but if you want a word of encouragement about marriage, parenting, education-and faith, this is the book for you. See why noted scholars and educators like Professor Derrick Bell and Marva Collins have read and endorsed Morning by Morning: How We Home-Schooled Our African-American Sons to the Ivy League.
Get your own autographed copy directly from the author, Paula Penn-Nabrit at her website, www.paulapenn-nabrit.com . And while you’re there be sure and download her free e-book, Sankofa: Look to Your Past, Forgotten Heritage. Believe me, you’ll be glad you did!

Thanks again.
Peace-Let's Continue to Pray For It!
Paula Penn-Nabrit
paulapenn@hotmail.com
www.paulapenn-nabrit.com
614-899-2723 (phone)

Comments

Paul Nichols said…
A co-worker posts a quote on the outside of her cube two or three times a week. I thought you'd like this one:

"Nothing is often the wrong thing to do, but it's almost always the right thing to say."

She didn't cite anyone.
Jennie said…
Gosh Paul, I hope I didn't offend you!! ;)

Just kidding, I do like that quote too. It is a good reminder. I recently heard something like that...in situations, think about how your silence could serve the other person more than your words. I liked that.

Popular Posts