~Happy New Year 2007~

We will open the book.
Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce, b. 1904


This might just be the Jenniest quote I ever read. I've always loved New Year's Eve because of the exciting potential that lies beyond midnight. I've always loved September, because that's when I get to plan to be ridiculously organized. And I LOVE blank journals. I collect them and I'm not ashamed of having many lovely journals, blank, sitting on my shelves promising me lots of cool ideas and possibilities. Oh, I write in them too, but firstly I love the books themselves.

And I know resolutions can be just hopeful dreams and unlikely to produce, but I don't care, I make them anyway. Many times I have gone off sugar at the stroke of midnight. One year I was literally swallowing a scrumptious forkful of butterscotch pie as the children were pounding pots and watching fireworks on the front porch. Obviously, because I keep making this resolution I'm not keeping it forever, but I usually keep it a couple months and who knows that may be a couple less months of diabetes I may have someday! I think it's good to remove oneself from one's indulgences once in a while. But sugar is not on my list this year of things to give up. As a matter of fact, I don't think I plan to give up anything. Rather, there are a few things I want to do.

I want to create my own blog template! No idea how to do it, but I'm going to try. There must be a blogging for dummies book, right?

I am going to finish the journal creations I've been working on for years. I have a few really cool ideas for journals and my sister and I are going to bring them to fruition. She has computer graphic skills and I have ideas. My New Year's resolution in 2008 will be to get them on the market!

I am continuing my Bible studying. I am on Judges right now, also Psalms. I haven't been keeping up with the "daily" part of my study and this is vital. Daily Bible study/prayer time in 2007.

We are going to get a new kitchen in 2007! I can hardly wait. We've been dragging our heels on it for a while, not knowing where to start, but we've made up our minds and we're going forward. I'm blessed with a complete kitchen in my husband's office above my garage to use during the work.

Daily walks. Dear husband and I walk a lot and sometimes we walk daily for long stretches at a time. Wonderful talking time...wonderful health benefits...Daily walks in 2007.

Oh, I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. God willing, my new year is going to be just spectacular and shiny! Hope your's is too. What are you planning?

Another fresh new year is here . . . Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear, To love and laugh and give!
This bright new year is given me To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be My highest and my best!
I have the opportunity Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree, And sing more joyful songs!
~William Arthur Ward

Comments

Paul Nichols said…
Happy New Year. Your post full of '07 goals is remarkably similar to my goals for this year.
Walking, publishing, journaling, a new blog and steady Bible reading. We also want to reach that beautiful "debt-free" plateau and this may be the year we do it. We're sorta close.

Nice cheerful post.

Popular Posts