I'll Have Oreos

Today I'm surrounded by little children. While I was helping my friend in her candy store, I glanced out the window and my son and her daughter were galloping around the front yard. I walked out to see what they were up to and I found them staring up into the sky, Brenna was holding a football-shaped balloon with a grin, then she let it go and they danced around watching it whisk up into the windy fall sky. Brenna had yanked the two balloons from her mother's display in the front yard...the one that was supposed to call in some much needed business. Sean and Brenna didn't care about that, they had access to balloons and they made the most of it.

When we got into the car, Brenna announced that she made wishes on those balloons, that her mother would be rich and they'd have every toy.

Here at home this afternoon, Brenna and Sean played with friend Luke and his little sister Piper. They asked for chocolate milk and I scrounged around for a snack and found only pretzels. I told them I'd be serving them chocolate milk and pretzels and to go wash their hands. Piper piped up. "I don't like pretzels," she said matter-of-factly. "I'll have Oreos!"

What I'd give for some of that 3 year old optimism!

Comments

Popular Posts