Friday Five Glimpses

This week's topic???



Five Things That Scared Me

(besides Luke's morning hairdos)

~1~
The price of our usual 32oz jug of pure maple syrup is $20.00. If I hadn't stood frozen, staring at the price tag for 5 minutes I'd think I must be mistaken.

~2~

In a dark grocery parking lot, during a violent summer storm, surrounded by swirling, abandoned metal carts, throwing my bags into the car while bolts of lightning drop continuously from the sky. Tends to widen the eyes and race the blood.

~3~

Oldest son driving me 65 miles an hour down the highway on the first day of his permit. My hands were literally dripping when we reached our destination. Does tend to widen the eyes and race the blood.

~4~

Sun spots now, all over my face. They are not age spots. I got them in the sun. If I hadn't stood frozen, staring at the mirror for 5 minutes I'd think...oh, forget it.


~5~

North Carolina.

Please follow link to my friend's place.

I'm going to cry now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
...and there was a snake... I didn't mention the snake that Chris "almost" ran over with the mower... why he didn't run over it is beyond me... he swears its in the woods by now... I think he and the spider are in cahoots to try and get rid of us...

Popular Posts