Getting My Act Together Now

If you think that title has anything to do with a resolution you'd only be partly right. I'd like to walk every single day this year, but I'm not making it a resolution. My only resolution is to try my best every day, how's that? How's that for a whimpy resolution. I think it'll work best for me though because I get intimidated by high expectations.

No, getting my act together means, at least in perspective of this holiday, rising out of bed before lunch. No let's raise the bar - rising out of bed for breakfast. There. I've said it. I'm going to get out of bed earlier. After all, starting Monday, I'll need to get the offspring out the door around 8am, so it's time to readapt myself to real life. Whew, but this has felt good.

If I had to characterize this Christmas vacation with a phrase, it'd be: sitting on my bum (if I were British) and playing around with my laptop. Occasionally, I'd separate the laptop from my self and cook a little 'un some food.

Oh yeah, the complaining thing. I almost forgot. I don't think I've complained yet this year, so that's good.

I will say that I have taken a walk every day of this year, so I'm off to an awesome start. Wouldn't you say?

Comments

rosemary said…
If I could sleep in until 6:30AM I'd be real happy.....Steve would rather fall asleep on the couch at 7PM and get up before the sun has even had time to think about what it's going to do to ruin a day. As for the complaining thing....you know where I stand on that point.

I'd say....good start.
Paul Nichols said…
You're off to a great start.

Me, too. I walked a mile yesterday; 2 1/2 miles today. I'm already 2 miles ahead of last year's pace. Whew! Tomorrow is destined to be bone-chilling cold. Maybe I can walk in the mall or something.

Well, keep it up. I have an Excel spreadsheet where I keep track of steps/miles everyday. You can have a copy if'n you want.

Word verification: lifecom
Mom said…
One day at a time. You have begun well.
Liz Harrell said…
I think walks every day are a huge accomplishment! At least in my world.

Popular Posts