Jennie's Rules

In high school my friend Sharon and I had a running joke. I don't know how it got started, but it involved, for a moment, a decision being made according to a whim of Jennie. And then we'd smile and cheer, "Jennie's rules!"

Well, here's a rule I came up with today when I entered the kitchen to make some coffee and my eyes fell upon half a birthday cake. I think you'll like it. Now only if we can cheer it into reality.

Any time you resist a favorite or tempting high-calorie food in your presence, your caloric intake for that day magically decreases according to what you would have eaten normally.

For instance, Luke's birthday cake has been sitting on my counter since the morning of the 26th. It is Devil's Food with homemade cream cheese icing. Normally I would have eaten half of it by now, thousands of calories, but I haven't had any at all and it stands to reason that I should be getting thinner. But I'm not, you see and this is unfair. I should have lost about 3 lbs in the last few days.

Jennie's Rules say
~When you avoid a food, your caloric intake is decreased accordingly. ~

Comments

Mom said…
That's a rule I can follow.
Paul Nichols said…
Hear! Hear!

Popular Posts