December 1, 2009

This Just In

In sifting through Sean's stacks of school papers, I came across a paper titled Then and Now. There's a vertical pencil line down the center and six little colored scenes glued on one side or the other.

On one side there is a father and son hunting in knickers. On the other, a father and son in a grocery store. Below these there is a candle on the bedside table in one and an electric lamp in the other picture. A lady bends over a fire with a kettle, a lady bends over an oven.

Sean's handwriting is on the bottom of the page:

Long ago they did not have MP3 players now we have MP3 players.
And they had deer skin clothes now we have lether.

You heard it hear first.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Times have changed. I can't keep up, but I think Sean will be OK in this changing world.

Paul Nichols said...

I think I heard it hear first. Or did I hear it here furst?

rosemary said...

Very clever kid.....smart as a whip I'd have to say. After-all....MP3 players changed the world as we know it now...

Paul Nichols said...

Then we only dreamed of MP3 players. Now our grandkids have them.

I wear deerskin boots. Alla time.