For Your Amusement (or Why We Ate What We Ate At Epcot)

Stan and I went on a secret mission to Florida this weekend (to be revealed at a later date) and we stopped in for an evening at Epcot. You see, a few years ago, we took the boys, then 2, 7 and 12, to DisneyWorld and while we were visiting Epcot the boys were a tad less than excited. I thought, "Gee, this would be a great place for an evening alone with Stan," and so we made it happen. And while we were there we ate in Morocco. Why Morocco from a choice of France, Germany, Mexico, USA, UK, Norway, China, Japan, Canada and Italy? Oh, I like lamb and Stan likes shishkabob, but there were other factors....

When searching for a good dinner, one might think we'd have it made in China, but Stan didn't feel like Chinese. I thought we should see the sites, shop the shops, maybe Taiwan on, but he made me wok right by. I think he was just trying to get a rice out of me.

Norse, south, east or west, Norway is one of my favorite places. I was hoping to visit its restaurant, but after scanning the menu we found that we simply couldn't afjord it.

You cannot pasta wine by in Italy. We romed around drinking in the streets for so long, they finally gave us the boot. So we had no ciao.

I didn't louvre our trip to France, the popular restaurant was booked. We didn't end up gettting a bellyfull at the cafe, but we discovered we could pyrenees windows and get an eiffel.

Mexico? Eh, we heard the food there was borderline. We did share a delicious mango margarita. We drank it very slowly, because we wanted to peso selves.

People seemed to be having a royal time in the UK. I don't have the foggiest idea what they ate, but they really pounded them down at the pub.

We told the waitress in Japan we didn't have a yen for anything. Sushi left.

I don't mean to be cold, but I am not going to tell you about the Canadian restaurant. Ay, I have no idea how they canuck their food. B, if you want to know, yukon go yourself.

Concerning Germany, I'm divided. I don't mean to knock it, but the fraulein was a brat and the beer line was the wurst.

Oh! Say, we didn't see anything revolutionary in the USA exhibit. There was a building that looked a lot like Independence Hall there, but nothing that constituted a good dinner.


So, we ate in Morocco...let me get this strait...twice. The first time we ate dessert. We ate a piece of chocolate mousse before dinner, because we were on vacation and frankly...

we didn't give a ...

lamb.

(Oh brother. Please see this post.)

Comments

rosemary said…
Very, very clever Jennie....We did DizzyWorld too and had the same feeling at Epcot but have never returned.

Popular Posts